The Cynosure Group is a Salt Lake City based company formed to bring together the resources of a number of the country’s most significant family offices, including the Eccles family of Salt Lake City, to make long-term equity investments in private companies across a range of industries. The name of the firm, Cynosure, commemorates the sailing vessel which brought David Eccles and his family to America in 1863 from their home in Scotland. David Eccles went on to become one of the greatest entrepreneurs and investors in the history of the Western United States.1,2,3
The Cynosure Group invests in small to mid-sized companies with at least $5 million of EBITDA. Acquisition targets must demonstrate:
1. Significant growth prospects
2. A meaningful cash flow profile
3. The ability to differentiate its business model from that of its
Cynosure has expertise in financial services, industrials, healthcare, natural resources, consumer/retail and technology. It has the ability to make control buyouts as well as growth equity and strategic minority investments. The Cynosure Group has a flexible investment mandate and will seek to facilitate a collaborative approach with strong management teams and family-owned businesses over a longer period than that of traditional private equity partners.
- Arrington, L. J. (1975). David Eccles: Pioneer Western Industrialist. Logan, Utah: Utah State University.
- Flake, C.J. (1909). Sketches of the Inter-Mountain States 1847 1909 Utah Idaho Nevada. Salt Lake City, Utah: Salt Lake Tribune.
- Arrington, L. J., (1975). David Eccles. In Utah History Encyclopedia. Retrieved from http://www.uen.org/utah_history_encyclopedia/e/ECCLES_DAVID.html